In October 2009, FirstChoice launched it’s new Behavioral Health program, called Journey.
Through the Journey Program, FirstChoice provides Behavioral/Mental Health home care services to home bound adults. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive short-term intermittent home health services. The team is made up of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers, Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapists and Home Health Aides who can meet the holistic needs of the patient
GOALS OF THE JOURNEY PROGRAM:
- Transition client from acute levels of care to home and community
- Increase medication and treatment compliance
- Improved functional ability
- Prevent expensive in-patient hospitalization
- Decrease emergency services utilization
- Improve knowledge about medications, illness, coping, staying well and community resources
- Decrease symptoms
- Increase patient’s quality of life and overall health management
Do you think you or a family member might benefit from the Journey Program?
- Are you anxious?
- Do you feel that your life is empty?
- Do you have feelings of panic about life events?
- Do you have feelings of impending doom?
- Have you noticed feelings of hopelessness and helplessness?
- Do you frequently feel like crying?
- Are life changes getting you upset and overwhelmed?
- Has there been a marked change in your eating or sleep habits?
- Do you think you might be depressed?
- Are you forgetful?
- Are you concerned you might have dementia or Alzheimers?
For more information on the Journey Program, please call a Clinical Manager at the office nearest you. To find your nearest location Click Here.